Feb 1, 2009

Keybindings:

When we were to kill gluth for the first few times, we had a mage kite around the adds
-or that was the idea anyways.
Several wipes later, we dedicated a priest to basicly spamheal the mage, becouse he was dieing all the time. After the raid I found out he was keyboard turning(!) and that doesnt work so well for kiting, in fact, keyboard turning is bad for pretty much ever class. Personally I use keybinds for everything, mainly becouse I'm kind of a nervous person when playing, and I usually missclick if I try clicking skills.
Here's a few tips you may find useful:
-bind a and d to be your strafe buttons instead, forcing you to use the mouse.
-start slowly when adding more keybinds, you need to crawl before you walk, walk before you run, it takes time to adjust.
-look at how your hand is positioned, and try to bind key which are close so you dont have to move your hand

here are some of the main keybinds I use:
q=devastate
e=shield slam
1=shockwave
2=revenge/heroic strike macro
3=charge
4=taunt
shift+1=battle stance (rarely used)
shift+2=defensive stance
shift+3=thunder clap/cleave macro (or berserker stance when not prot specced)
r=berserker rage
<=shield wall
alt+1=last stand
alt+2=healing thingy (dont remember the name)
alt+3=vigilance
z=heroic throw
shift+spacebar (this one I really like btw)=aoe taunt
(my ventrilo is on ctrl thus I cant use it for keybinds)

As you probably notice, most of these arent very locigal. Meaning you shouldnt follow it to the letter. Instead look at where your hand is when you play and try to put the closest letters and combinations to use. Shift, Ctrl and Alt are your friends :D 

2 comments:

  1. "Shift, Ctrl and Alt are your friends".

    Too right. Almost every key on the left-hand side of my keyboard is bound with at least three abilities. It does take time to get used to, but I for one am very glad I did.

    One binding I am very happy with is shift-W for charge. Combined with warbringer, it works very well for running around the place picking up stray mobs.

    ReplyDelete