Feb 3, 2009

Raid markings

I read some guide yesterday, cant remember about what, but
I came across a line that said:
"you dont have time to mark, so you must plan the kill order ahead of time"
Is it really that hard to mark? I binded F5-F12 for markings and it works wonders.

Second point about marks, why do dps always ignore them? When I use marks I use them for a reason. Kill the most dangerous ones first, or the most annoying ones, or the ones that die the fastest. Its hard to make a rule becouse it depends on the pull you are about to make.
But if I am to tank a group of 4 mobs, I usually only mark a skull and a X. My gear is good, so I can aoe tank every trash pull there is, in fact most tankers out there can do it. But I focus my first shield slam on the skull, and try to get revenge on the second mob and then I just thunder clap & cleave the rest.
It is kinda annoying to see some dps go all out on a unmarked mob, and its even more of a pain as tank becouse now you have 2-3 targets you have to focus your aggro generating skills on and that can be very stressful at times.
Anyone else having the same experience?

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I get miffed at people who still say that "threat is dead." Yeah I have a better TC than before. Yeah, I have shockwave. But regardless, if you open up with a blizzard, and your gear isn't trash, the mage is gonna die. Oh, I'll save the healer, but magey's gonna die!

    We had a couple wipes in the plague wing of nax due to ppl not focusing on the skull (gargoyle) the result was a successful stoneskin (or whatever their ability is) and the gargoyle was back to full hp, whilst the tanks had massive stacks of poison.

    Yeah, many if not most encounters can be ae'd, but there still is a time and place for knowing how to mark and how to follow a kill order.

    PS, I tagged you in my blog to post your sixth screenshot. I hope you decide to share with us

    ReplyDelete